Sunday 1 June 2008

Marc Antoine Hi-lo Split Jazz Music CD Review

Author: Clyde Lee Dennis
I can describe the latest release from Jazz sensation Marc Antoine for you with just one word… Outstanding!

I wish it weren’t the case but, it’s not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Hi-Lo Split. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

The nice thing about a CD like this is when the talent is this rich even if Jazz isn’t your favorite genre you still can’t help but appreciate the greatness of the artist.

I’m of the opinion that Hi-Lo Split is certainly Marc Antoine’s best work in a few years. A totally enjoyable CD and an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up because it’s a collection that even the casual Jazz fan can appreciate and enjoy.

I wish it weren’t the case but, it’s not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Hi-Lo Split. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

While this entire album is outstanding some of my favorites are track 4 - Silk and Steel, track 10 - Voodoo Doll, and track 11 - Tomorrow

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - For A Smile. Good stuff!

Hi-Lo Split Release Notes:

Marc Antoine originally released Hi-Lo Split on July 24, 2007 on the Concord Records label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. For A Smile 2. Hi-Lo Split 3. Spooky 4. Silk And Steel 5. Cancun Blue 6. Groovin' High 7. Forever 8. Panacea 9. Bossalectro 10. Voodoo Doll 11. Tomorrow

Personnel: Marc Antoine (bass guitar); Bobby Martinez (flute); Manuel Machado (flugelhorn); Frederic Gaillardet (keyboards); Andre Manga (bass guitar); Ramoncito 'El Leon' Gonzalez (conga drum); Luis Conte (percussion).
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/music-articles/marc-antoine-hilo-split-jazz-music-cd-review-331527.html

No comments: